John Jantsch at Duct Tape Marketing says that marketers of services can learn a thing or two from retailers.
“All it takes is looking at your marketing from some new perspectives.
· What if you offered gift certificates for your services?
· What if you mailed those gift certificates to your loyal clients and encouraged them hand them out?
· What if you offered bridal or baby registry? (C’mon, get your neighbor’s kid a tax return for their wedding – way better than a toaster)
· What if you held over the top events for your clients? (I know a remodeling firm that buys out a Christmas tree farm for that year’s clients)
· What if you had a holiday, client only, sale or new service introduction?
· What if you held education forums aimed at very specific niches of your clientele? (single women, parents with kids going to college, sports minded families, people learning to be more green.)”